Project: Bonnie Wenk Park
Client: City of McKinney
Architect: Clark Condon Associates, Inc.
The Bonnie Wenk Park project in McKinney, TX covers approximately 40 acres of the Wilson Creek flood plain and consists of:
- fenced dog park,
- significant grading work,
- drilling a water well down to the Woodbine Aquifer,
- construction of a lake,
- a restroom building,
- an amphitheater,
- concrete park drives, hike/bike trails, and two large parking lots,
- a vehicle bridge and several pedestrian bridges,
- sanitary lift station, utilities and storm sewer,
- extensive site lighting,
- large scale landscaping/irrigation, turf establishment and erosion control.
The dog park occupies four choice acres in the park and features the first “doggie splash pad” in TX.